In addition to Fair Weekend, which started yesterday and ends on Sunday, please note that there is also a timed 5K race in Town Sunday morning.
Roads are not closed, and the route does not affect any of the churches in Town, but traffic may be stopped temporarily at intersections for runner safety.
The Leonardtown High School Band Boosters Rhythm Run 5K race/1 mile fun run/walk starts at the Leonardtown Wharf at 9:00 a.m. and should conclude by 11:00 a.m.
• Participants will gather at Leonardtown Wharf Park and proceed on Washington Street toward Town Square.
• Turning left, the runners will proceed on the right shoulder of Camalier Drive and Tudor Hall Place, making a right onto Courthouse Drive.
• Runners will then make a right onto Fenwick Street, staying on the right sidewalk, following it to Gregory Drive, where they will do a turnaround at the dead end and make a left back onto Fenwick Street this time following the left shoulder (facing traffic).
• The course then turns left back onto Courthouse Drive, left onto Camalier/Guyther and then a right onto Tudor Hall Road behind the Courthouse.
• Runners will cross Washington Street and follow the left shoulder of Lawrence Avenue (facing traffic), turning left onto Barthelme, right onto Duke Street and following Duke Street into the Leonardtown Elementary School parking lot.
• Runners will complete 2 circular laps in the parking lot and come back out onto Duke Street, making a left onto Barthelme and then crossing Lawrence Avenue to follow the left shoulder (facing oncoming traffic).
• The course finishes as runners make a right onto Washington Street following the shoulder back to the Wharf.
Please use caution when driving through Leonardtown Sunday morning - Thank you!